Founded in 1872, Omerta's establishment was originally for transportation. The early years were difficult due to most of main street burning to the ground and requiring to be rebuilt three times. Environmental incidents including earthquakes, landslides, and storms have made the community struggle financially for decades.
Due to poor management, the local government and financial institutions have been investigated by federal agents. Agents decided to utilize the Catholic Church to try to convince citizens of the cities record breaking criminal activity. "Those who follow this path of evil, as mafiosi do, are not in communion with God," the Bishop stated in mass. Several days later, the Catholic diocese suspended all religious parades after a procession took a detour to salute a well known crime boss held under house arrest.
Now in 1985, Omerta is a cultural, economic, government, and transportation center. Several cultural institutions include multiple fine dining establishments, family owned businesses, night life entertainment in addition to hiking, boating, fishing and other outdoor recreational opportunities.
Omerta City is a special place with limitless potential, where everyone deserves equal access to opportunity, happiness, and a bright future. Our city is here to help foster those ideals in every neighborhood. It exists to serve you and be a resource for you, your family, and your community. Working together, we can create a growing city that is responsive, transparent, and inclusive for all of us.
As your Mayor, I am driven every morning to make our city a better place for all of us. At the end of every day, I strive to be proud of what we have accomplished. Together, we will bring equity to all our neighborhoods, make housing more affordable for working families, bring forward real solutions to homelessness, boldly implement our Climate Action Plan, and transform Omerta into not just a "fine" city, but a truly great city.
Truly yours, Lux Voxel
OFFICIAL OMERTA RULES
1. No children avatars. We are a 18+ adult community.
2. Realistic adult human avatars or realistic animal avatars (dog, cat). No supernatural creatures.
3. No harassing people. (Please report those who harass or troll).
4. Respect staff requests & all avatars in general.
5. No unnecessary scripts! Face lights, bling, shoulder animals, and particles are not allowed.
6. Respect different forms of communicating roleplay: free form, continuous-para to semi-para is allowed.
7. Public nudity and or laws broken in the city are subject to answering to law enforcement.
8. Only police or administration can take 911 calls in group chat.